Author Topic: Steve visits florence  (Read 1463 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Steve visits florence
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »
Is that the man or the bike?

Here's a picture of me on "florence" - what a cool bike.

2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline z1100r

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
    • Home Pages
Re: Steve visits florence
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »
My god..is that also you in the avatar...!!!! hahahaha...sorry...I've not aged any better, its horible. I wish I could fix myself up like my bike. My bloody bikes going back to 70's why cant I... :'(

Last year I went to the Island on my z1100r and old guys flocked around it like flies round shit. My mate pointed out I was of similar age.

I'm hoping I can get the Honda done in time for this year because its great meeting folk who appreciate my old bangers - over a few pints of course. Makes the week for me chatting to loads of like minded people with interesting bikes.

Anyways looks like Florence needs some TLC...or have I said something out of order there... ;D

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:21:20 AM »
Hey thanks Steve, it was lovely to meet you yesterday and I hope the parts can be put to good use.

Z1100R, you are right, my bike is cool and it regularly receives TLC as you call it.   I change the oil every 1500 miles and rub oil onto the outside when it the rust starts to look angry ;D  It is a much loved old friend, but, like everything else in my life, is a little faded and road worn.

However, it does need new fork gaiters which I will replace very shortly.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 01:57:24 PM »
That is to me what I like 500/4's to look. Mine was like that for most of her life and when it returns to regular use I'll be trying to retain that well used look but I'll have to tackle the bits like the brake pedal that has several inches freeplay in more than the normal direction at the pedal end. I can appriciate shiny resto's but for me the well used look takes the biscuit. Nice to see. Age wise my 500/4 has a fair few years on me.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal