Author Topic: Hello London, the North and abroad  (Read 2154 times)

Offline cavell

• View Profile
Hello London, the North and abroad
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:52:40 PM »
Hello!

Have posted already but overlooked this section.

I regularly move about between London, Lancashire and Belgium. But soon that will be London and Lancashire only.

My username on sohc4.net is canoscan as cavell had already been taken there by someone else apparently.

Was originally interested in a project on any of the CB500/550 or 750s but I've recently given up on the 750 idea.

So still on the hunt for the other ones in average or cosmetically bad condition.

8)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Hello London, the North and abroad
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
Do you want to restore to original or build a bike to ride? I have a garage full of 500cc "Projects" in states of dissasembly that may, or may not, be levered out of my cash strapped hands. In Gloucester by the way with relatives in tupsarse.

Offline cavell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:33 PM »
Do you want to restore to original or build a bike to ride? I have a garage full of 500cc "Projects" in states of dissasembly that may, or may not, be levered out of my cash strapped hands. In Gloucester by the way with relatives in tupsarse.

A bike to ride, I have a cafe racer project in mind, so I'm quite happy to take a battered example (but a decent engine would be nice) as it's all going to be redone, lots of mods and a repaint.

Here is an example of a bike I was going to bid on but hadn't decided on a 500 or 550 at the time

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220766042293&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm on a tight budget so 800-900 pounds or less is what I'd like to spend on the bike as I may have to put in more than that for the whole restoration/cafe idea.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:36:17 PM by cavell »

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:51:59 PM »
hi i have a bike you may be interested in, it is a 550 k3 american import which i bought to canibalise for spares. i used the mudguards and some other parts for my other bike, but have got most of the parts to make it complete again. It is in need of a rebuild, and needs registering at dvla. I have had it running briefly,it sounded ok looking for offers around
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline cavell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »
Appreciate that but I'm a little wary of imports, as more and more the dvla have become real arses when it comes to registering a bike in this country due to the new EU regs.

Would probably have to have a certificate of conformity and a recognisable stock bike to get it registered, never done it so don't know but I've heard of some problem cases of registering older vehicles in this country.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »
You should have no problem with registration as long as you have the original customs duty paid certificate, I've done several so if you want to call me on 07795162623 any evening AFTER 8pm Sunday to Thursday inc i can tell you how.
All the stuff i have is dismantled so would go on a piece by piece basis

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »
i was planning to put bike together enough to get mot then register before restoration but time and money and another 550 in the way!!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »
Here is an example of mechanically excellent but cosmetically challenged.

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php?topic=3555.0

Silly offers always considered.

Welcome to the Forum

Steve

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal