Author Topic: Tank strip  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Tank strip
« on: April 23, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
Lots of folk have restored the early K's and fitted the bottom chrome strip onto the tank.
I need to do one soon and wondered if there were any useful bits of advice to be had.

Is it simply a push on or are there some sort of fixings there?

Thanks all

Seamus

Hinomaru

Re: Tank strip
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
If your using aftermarket or reproduction strips, then you would want to test-fit them. I like to start at the front of the tank and work back. Also, check the strip holding tabs and adjust them close to the new strips. After your tank is painted, the strips will install hassle free and you can bend the holding tabs over with your thumbs to secure them. This helps to avoid the possibility of a scratch or chip on your new paint. Click on the photo for a larger view.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »
If it's a K0 without the black band you can use cut down mini trim - this comes from advice kindly given to me by ChrisR.

cheers

AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 10:23:04 AM »
Thank you Gentlemen.
It is being fitted to a K2 tank and I have had it painted, hence the question. The strips were supplied by David Silver, but I am unsure if they are genuine or atermarket.
Not done this before, do the advice has helped a lot
Cheers

Seamus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal