General > New Member Introductions

<< < (5/5)

SteveD CB500K0:
Add them to the "REcommended Sources" board - make sure you add links and contact details.

Steve

K2-K6:
Wheel offset I read somewhere (could be on here, not sure) but the advice when respoking etc was to measure and record offset of original prior to strip-down and the builder should be able to lace to match this spec.

An easy way to get this is to lay the bare wheel on a flat surface and measure surfcae to rim gap for both sides of unit (i.e. flip it over) and compare to known good example.

looks like you've got enough to work through anyway.

Oldbuthopeful:

Yep.  Bearing in mind I only registered on the site last weekend, I've had so much genuinely good advice that I think I can now see the way forward on my 550 rebuild. 

I put a bottle jack between the swingarm legs last night and tweeked it to 255mm  -  15mm over the required 240.  I suppose it'll spring back somewhat when I take the jack away.  I'll post the result.

I'd like to show some pics but my attempts so far have been dire.  Lost all the post I'd typed last night so went to bed at 1am feeling like I was a failure.  Trouble is, I was born 20 years too soon for this lark and am struggling to keep up !

Anyway, thanks again, guys.  You're stars !

meerkat:

--- Quote from: Oldbuthopeful on May 13, 2011, 12:59:26 PM ---Trouble is, I was born 20 years too soon for this lark and am struggling to keep up !
--- End quote ---
You'll get there quicker than you think.
I bought my first pc at the age of 66 after a quadruple heart bypass (quite a few years ago), it's a steep learning curve but manageable and the start of another age.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version