Author Topic: paddock stand  (Read 1550 times)

MIKE550/4

paddock stand
« on: May 13, 2011, 11:50:34 AM »
with this 550 of mine having no wheels on yet can i use a paddock stand for storage and for moving it about ?

going over to central to get tyres fitted , but moving this lump about is getting tiresome

which part of the bike would they actually support ?

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: paddock stand
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
Most paddock stands require a spindle, so if you fitted front and rear spindles, you could use these stands.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
I have a rear one that has cups for the swing arm - I think it's a cheap one but no idea where from as it was second hand. The front paddock stand I have is apparently to hold the bike by the front yoke by locating into the spindle of the yoke (again bought used - Ive yet to use it myself) but neither of the ones I have would give any scope for bike mobility with the wheels off - for that a hydraulic workbench would seem to be the best bet for a bike with no wheels
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »

Storage - yes.  Moving about - no.

I use the centre stand for the rear end and like Matt, I've got one of these for the front end.  The pin fits into the headstock allowing you to build the front end and fit the wheel (assuming the yokes are in place).  Took me all of five minutes to get my 750 K2 frame off the floor and onto those two.

If you haven't got (or got room for) a hydraulic table, get a trolley and drop the bike onto it when you need to move.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal