Author Topic: Sunday Ride Out  (Read 1384 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Sunday Ride Out
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »
Hi, the weather looked ok this morning so i decided to take out some of my bikes for a spin, first of all Was the 750F2 i got it warmed up I decided  the oakdene cafe Wrotham was a good ride,  had a good ride, got there and found a fella i know who is also a biker, he was there on his Bandit 1200 rat bike, while talking to him a guy came over and said i had the same bike as his but my carbs were different, so i went over to his bike and it was a lovely clean F1, i told him that his was F1 and mine was F2 and pointed out the many differences, he was well chuffed that he now new it was F1 as he has had the bike 13 years and always reffered to it as a 1976 model, 750 four as written on the side covers which has caused him slight problems when ordering spares,I had a good old talk to him about bikes , he also had a triumph done up as a police bike, and also i discovered he used to work for colin sealey way back,
So i left the cafe after a while went home and got out the 750 K1, the bike fired into life straight away, and i roared off and stuck about 30 miles on that, half on A roads and the remainder through the lanes, i was now buzzing and returned home got My FZ1 1000 out with the intention of going mental and getting a big handfull of adrenaline rush, unfortunately it started to rain a bit so i returned home after only 8 miles without my adrenaline rush , but all the same i still had a good ride feeling pleased i had done my bit earlier for the cb's keeping them as happy as a well oiled machine could be,

Below are a couple of photo's of the Blokes F1 up the oakdene cafe

Pete

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Ride Out
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
Sounds like at least you half a good day out Pete.

Did you persuade another rider to join the forum Pete? it was you that got me to look in.

That F1 looks quite nice.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Ride Out
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
The whole day turned out good in the end, i spent the afternoon tending to my vegetable plot and greenhouse, and yes i did spread the good word of the forum, i wrote it down for him, but he has no computer, he is 68 and relies on a friends computor now and again
Btw k2-k6 if you fancy a ride out and meet up somewere give me a shout
Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal