Author Topic: Carbatooter compatibility question.  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Captain Snakebite

• View Profile
Carbatooter compatibility question.
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:04:10 PM »
Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of squirrelling away bits to bolt a CB400 together and have noticed that the standard carbs are as rare as hairy frogs.  Would 500 0r 550 carbs fit okay?  They're only 2mm bigger in choke diameter, so would a bit of rejetting do the biz?

(Sorry if this should have gone in the Interchangeability section, but that seemed more like a 'hints n tips' area than a place to post questions)

Cheers all,

Captain Snakebite
If it ain't broke - it'll probably wait 'til it's raining and you've got to be somewhere important.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Carbatooter compatibility question.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »
Don't think so, or at least not easily. I do have an old grotty set somewhere that can be cheap to buy but postage wouldn't be

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
Don't think so, or at least not easily. I do have an old grotty set somewhere that can be cheap to buy but postage wouldn't be

Might well take you up on that Squire! Are we talking 'restorable grotty'?
If it ain't broke - it'll probably wait 'til it's raining and you've got to be somewhere important.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »
Don't know, havent looked for 5 years! PM me with a direct email addy and I will try and get some photies for you

Offline spookycooky

• She turned her lovers into lampshades!
    • View Profile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:28:55 PM »
Picked up carbs from the Post Office today - cheers Bryan, pleasure doing business with you!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal