Author Topic: Moscow Ring Road on a Yamaha R1 - The Black devil  (Read 1324 times)

Offline NE0

• View Profile
Moscow Ring Road on a Yamaha R1 - The Black devil
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:28:19 AM »
I've just seen this , sent to me by a friend

I'm not sure if he's irresponsible or reckless or simply just mad!
he's certainly got balls made of steel?...titanium if its stronger!

I was always taught to ride on the assumption "treat everyone else on the road as a complete idiot.....that way if they do something unexpected you won't be surprised!"

He's obviously got no regard for the other drivers safety or indeed his own!
This guy, clearly believes EVERYONE on the road will NOT turn into his path, change lanes unexpectedly or even open a car door....

On the various comments of the video on you tube and elsewhere (where I saw it) it mentions he's doing 87KPH on average (54mph) worryingly he's obviously done it before

It does promote the question. Don't they have Police in Moscow? they obviously don't have cameras like we do!

having said all that I must confess I find the video strangely addictive, (I could never ride like that) but in a sense you have to admire his ability to make split second decisions, even when there doesn't seem to be any seconds left to decide! then picking his way through the traffic, and fitting his bike through some unbelievably narrow gaps between cars....(especially after the 4 minute mark)

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/high_speed.html This link fills the screen, press play and turn up your speakers!!

Worth a watch, but I won't be trying to emulate him......I'd like to live another day or a few more decades yet at least....something i think the black devil will not be doing.......

Anyway good music...I think it comes from the Matrix!
NE0
I hope to die peacefully in my sleep, just like my Uncle..............unlike his terrified passengers!

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Moscow Ring Road on a Yamaha R1 - The Black devil
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:31:31 PM »
My God that is scarey!! That sort of riding is what gives motorcyclists a bad name, i think he will die a swift and horrible death if he dosn't slow down!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline Graeme77

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Moscow Ring Road on a Yamaha R1 - The Black devil
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
Are you aware of ghostrider?

Check it out if you like this kind of thing.

Ghostrider is way faster than this guy, but obviously has more skill too.

Both of them are completely nuts though.

Ghostriders 'upsalla run' (spelt wrong but i cant be bothered to look up correct spelling) is like this, the rest of his riding relies on being chased by the cops!

Saw ghostrider at the ace cafe a few years back, he crashed LOL.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal