Author Topic: 35 years old the bike not me!  (Read 1438 times)

Offline davepainter

• "rollin-thunder"
    • View Profile
35 years old the bike not me!
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
 :) Hello folks,good to be here lots of imfo and good stuff, i expect like most people here these are the bikes we liked 30-40 years ago. If we had kept them all we would all be rich! i had a nice 750 f2 back in 86 the one i,ve just bought is,nt quite standard??? he-ho marmite i can take it on the chin i,m not going to get many speeding tickets on this especially on bends. The guy i bought it from dave evans built the frame years ago. He saw it last year in a ditch in a field and rebuilt it.It had 12 miles on it when i got it 4-8-2011. spent the last week snagging and ridden 90 miles now,dave still builds frames etc he,s also a super nice bloke it looks like a 70s chop and what i like is being able to work on them without getting a laptop out or putting it on a rolling road.Any way i,ll post this and hope the pic works i,ve just figured out my video recorder i,m struggling with the pc tech stuff but i,ll get there thanks for the idiot guide steve keep up the good work .
 thanks Dave.
defender

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: 35 years old the bike not me!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
Hi Dave, the frame builder isn`t from Cheshire by any chance? A guy who lived up the road from me is named Dave and he builds custom frames, prefers the Honda engine to the Harley and runs a red chopped 750. Maybe a coincidence, but spooky!!!!
Nigel.
Do or do not...there is no try!

Offline davepainter

• "rollin-thunder"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
Hi there basketplace,
What a small world,i,d say its the same guy-dave i only got the honda 1-8-2011 on e-bay, and near enough cheshire, just outside stoke on trent! when i spoke to dave he is a frame builder sure he built this one, he said the engines been rebuilt as well, i checked the engine number and it shows up as a 1976 k6 but the logbook says 1978.He bought this one on 16-1-2010 and it was a TOTAL wreck its a miracle what he,s done? Did you used to live up there as you live somerset.
  Any way thanks for your reply best wishes dave
Ps i found a website
www:hondachopper.com
lots of usefull imfo here on specs etc
including timelines on frame engine numbers
and tuning imfo might be usefull for other folks on this forum.
defender

Offline Honda Brat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »
I like that, just got to drop the front muddy and get a cleaner line on the chop.
Custom bike builder, restorer, customizer.  Love bikes of all shapes and sizes BUT NO SCOOTERS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal