Author Topic: was this my problem all along ???  (Read 1082 times)

Offline sportsvan

• View Profile
was this my problem all along ???
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »
ever since i got my 750 f1 running i have had nightmare carb problems.
leaks from dodgy float valves, fuel starvation problems & the bike had no power after 1/4-1/3 throttle.
i fitted another set of carbs but had no joy. bought an ultrasonic cleaning tank, stripped carbs down & re-fitted. still useless.
bought another set of carbs & did the same to them  (my 3rd set !)

fitted them yesterday & at the same time i also fitted the rubber pipe from top of airbox to that emmision cannister thingy which hides under the battery box) as it was missing.

fired her up & i have a new bike ! pulls great & smoothly now.

do you reckon it was this missing pipe causing me months of stress all along ?

???
birth, school, work, death.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: was this my problem all along ???
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »
I thought that pipe was just to collect any oil vapour and pass it into the intake so that it would be burnt by the engine and so reduce any potential output overall.

As far as I know this shouldn't affect the running to any noticeable amount, but take it off to see if it reverts to poor running.

It sounds like you may have just done an improved build on the carbs and they are closer to ideal than before (guess you've had a bit of practice now!), possibly some internal passages remained blocked on the other sets of carbs.

At least you've got the right result to get you going out and about more reliably.

Offline sportsvan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
thanks for the reply.

yes, that is the next thing on my list. take that pipe off & see if she turns back into  the nightmare that was !

real nightmare to get to that pipe though.

after that will balance the carbs & see how fast i can get !

ps. small world, i used to live in morden before i moved out to england again)  west sussex,

cheers from dave
birth, school, work, death.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
I always like to know what really fixed a problem just for future reference if you get it again, just makes life a bit easier.

I came in to here from Berkshire, for work location! now gone. Quite like living around this area now as it's easy to get to many places.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal