Author Topic: chrome plating  (Read 2404 times)

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
chrome plating
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:55:37 AM »
Hi. Guys,
Got the chrome plating back from Derby Plating, got to give them 9 out of 10 for their chroming.

Returned front mudguard said it was to far gone for chroming.

Ive noticed on ebay firm from Vietnam selling single cut mudguards @

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: chrome plating
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
Hi Jock, i think there have been some decent reviews of the vietnamese mudguards not sure if Ash on here as used them before, cheers Mick.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »
I'm sure that some of our American SOHC cousins have talked about these guys.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

Went and had a look at American cousins sohc posts, and there was quite a bit about nos parts from Asia and else where, and a great deal of posts from our own Ash, with a lot of info, but they were about 2 yrs old, any more up to date info or are things still the same, that Ash sure gets around. ;D

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
Hi Jock, send Ash a personal message i'm sure you will get some decent answers from him,  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 08:13:43 PM »
Cheers Mick,

Will do. Jock.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
Just Got back from my 1000 mile tour of southern England!! So sorry for late reply.

One stop off point was in Suffolk (Hales Honda) B&B in Thatched cottage to pick up my CB250K0 frame. Turned out it was a a rolling chassis so guess who was up at 7 next morning taking it to bits so it would all fit into the back of the car!!

Got an understanding wife though.

I chickened out of getting the Vienamese fender supplied plated but got it unplated and quality is pretty good and highly polished. Not got it chromed yet but was quoted 30-40 GBP by Quality chrome in Hull to plate it. It's your only real option unless you get a Yamiya one for 1400USD plus taxes shipping etc.

The guy 'Eric' in Vietnam is trying to work closely with us to get the quality right and he is a genuine guy. Mention my name and he might give you a deal (he thought I was a woman until I put him straight, as Ashley is also a girls name.

Do you have any prices for the chroming you had done Jock?

Cheers

AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 07:01:49 PM »
PM reply from Jock (he asked me to put reply on here)

Ash, If you think any of this would be of interest to the other Guys maybe you forward it on to the SOHC site. Jock.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Anne fowler <anne.fowler9@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi. Ash,

Thanks for reply , is this your next project 250KO?.

Was talking to a guy who renovates cars and he said mudguard should chrome up alright, has a small shop 15 miles from me. Taking it to him for his opinion if he says no then its Vietnam I guess.

Derby Plating chromed 10 bits for me, rear brake pedal, rear brake arm, rear brake stay, rear light back plate, front brake hose clip, front mudguard stays, rear mudguard, rear brake rod and starter motor cover, quality of chrome is very good all for the sum of
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal