Author Topic: DVLA  (Read 2760 times)

Offline randka

• View Profile
DVLA
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
I am going around in circles dealing with the DVLA at the moment, I cannot find my log book for my CB400F which I have owned for nearly 30 years, as I haven't ridden it for a number of years it seemed a good idea to freshen it up and get riding it again, I applied for a new log book and they soon cashed my cheque, they are now saying the VIN  I have sent does not match the number plate , now the problems have begun, this bike had one previous local owner which showed at my local DVLA , they now want me to register the bike again.....

Offline steven400/4

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: DVLA
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
try david silver give them the engine number and frame number one of the numbers can tell where it came from they mite no if they match up they told me mine was a u s import when i had problems
cb400f2 x7
honda ss 50
gsx 1400

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 07:43:39 AM »
Hi i bought a 750 Honda off ebay about 5 or 6 years ago with no documents,  and the way i had to do it was to write to Honda UK asking them for a year of manufacture letter they in turn i believe contact Honda in Japan and using your frame number get the details,   once you have these you will also need to mot your bike on the frame number and also insure it, then you can go to DVLA and hopefully get an age related plate, hope this helps cheers Mick.   

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:33:56 AM »
Mick's got it off pat, the letter from Honda was

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 09:09:33 AM »
The guy at my local DVLA said they have had a few of these issues since they updated there computers, when the hell was that , that is why I think the mistake could be theirs, has anyone else had this problem?

perhaps the VIN has always been wrong ,
I had a similar problem with the DVLA who told me 2 days before a holiday on the Continent that I had to return the 'incorrect' registration document for the car I was travelling in.
No chance ! That would have left me with no proof that I was the keeper if I'd have been stopped by German Police.
When I returned I said I wanted the correct paperwork before I parted with the one I had, which they complied with.
Turned out that they had the wrong VIN number on the paperwork originally issued to me.
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 09:41:24 AM »
Wrong VIN number on the paperwork? Knowing the German police, had you been stopped and the vehicle been checked, it may well have been impounded, and you'd probably get a free stay at Colditz! DVLA are a bunch of idiots!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:20:43 AM »
Should be called DIVVYLA :D, cheers Mick.

Offline randka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
thanks for all the replys, they really are doing my head in at the moment, they have just left another message on my phone today from Swansea telling me what my local office has told me, so frustrating.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal