Author Topic: CB750K7 master cylinder  (Read 1255 times)

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
CB750K7 master cylinder
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »
Anyone tried and had success in removing the transparent reservoir off the k7 master cylinder?  I want to remove it to have the casting refinished but it will not budge!  I assume its threaded but is it left hand or right hand?).  Its not available as a spare so do not want to damage it.

Rob

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K7 master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »
Not 100% sure but i thought it was held by 2 screws and a steel plate (or was that Suzukis)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
Rob , click on the link for my F2 restoration, i think on the first page of the thread you will see a picture of all my brake components  dismantled
you will see that i managed to get my master cylinder apart, but it was really hard, first unscrew the plate inside then hold real tight and keep trying to twist it away, eventually it will break its seal with the large o ring, i also gave it a bit of help by trying to gently lever it with a stanley blade
Pete

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
Thanks Pete, just had a look at my cylinder and its different to the F2.  Mine doesn't have a plate or screws.  If you look inside you can see the cast body (marked 19) and also what looks like the edge of the large O-ring.  I think I'll try putting a Jubilee clip or an exhaust pipe clamp round the reservoir and hitting that to see if I can jar the threads loose, probably warm the cylinder body as well.  I am going to settle down and read your rebuild now!

Thanks, Rob

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »
Update:  I've managed to get the reservoir off the body by using a jubilee clip clamped around the reservoir and using that to apply the torque to the reservoir.  Came undone with a bit of effort and hasn't marked the reservoir.  The reservoir has a normal right hand thread at it's base to screw it into place.  Honda no longer stock the o-ring seal (actually a flat seal) or the rubber (neoprene?) packing ring that the reervoir screws down on.  Dave Silvers has found an O ring at one of their suppliers and it looks like I might be able to salvage the packing ring for when I get round to rebuilding the cylinder.

Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal