Author Topic: wiring loom  (Read 1563 times)

Offline cobra

• View Profile
wiring loom
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »
Hi now i am building my CR750 lookalike, i have decided to remove the alternater, lights,warning lamps,winker relay,fuse box,indicators horn etc, the problem is,i would like to make a new wiring loom,does anyone have a wiring diagram, or know how to do it, i know i will want a on/off switch, starter button (as i intend to keep the electric start) with not having the alternator i wont need the regulator or rectifier,  will i ? i will also need a main fuse somwhere in the system, if you know how to do it, can you scrible it on the back of a fag packet and post it up here, thanks.Tony.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: wiring loom
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »
Basics you'd need are:-

Switched supply to coils to turn it on and off, earth to frame, positive lead to starter solonoid/to starter motor, switched line to the solonoid to activate it and turn motor over.

Anyone add anything else?

Oil pressure switch circuit?

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:13:29 AM »
You will have to leave the alternator rotor on if you want electric start and if you use the electric start with no alternator the battery won't last long

Offline cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
could i use a seperate car battery to fire the motor up?. i am only going to use the bike for parade laps. and i will be using a oil presure gauge instead of a warning light.

Offline cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
or if i leave the kickstart inplace i could use that.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
These motors usually start OK with the kickstart so shouldn't really give you problems if you go that way.

You'd have to look at some photos of CR to see if any had kickstarts if looking for authenticity. Seem to remember seeing a pic of one with a "factory" aluminium kickstart lever but can't be sure.

Nearly everything from that race era was always bump started for races if you want a really retro way to get it going.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal