Author Topic: CMA cast wheels  (Read 4081 times)

HondaFour

CMA cast wheels
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
These are a pair of cast alloy wheels which I think are CMA but not sure. Any ideas what they are folks? I have sprayed them in flake candy orange to suit the CB750K4 I have . Its all original (restored to) but I was thinking of making it a bit different by fitting these. Do you think I should or shouldn't - bit undecided ???

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: CMA cast wheels
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »
Hi I think you should they will make your old bike stand out from the rest  8), i guess they would have been a period accessory back in the day,

i have a standard Kettle fitted with Melber wheels and i think it looks cool  ;).

HondaFour

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
hiya Mick, I am beginning to be swayed, those Melbers look good on the GT. I would love to have one of those, great engineering making a real bike and a lovely two stroke(dare I say it!) burble from it.....Cheers  Hubert

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 08:40:39 PM »
I have to agree with Mick, they were a popular mod back in the 70's (if you could afford them! ;)) Just keep the original wheels safe somewhere, and fit the casts! After all, it's YOUR bike, and if you like them, use them ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »
I looked at these back in time and would say they are definitely CMA.

As already stated it's an easy swap/bolt on if you decide later that you don't like the look.

I like them, and gives a very nice retro feel to the bike that looks better if it's basically standard.

HondaFour

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 12:36:09 PM »
Cheers guys............I am convinced now, will fit them later on when the paint has hardened and I also need to rub flat a couple of runs. Will post a pic later with these on.Ta  Hubert

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »
i remember those wheels a mate of mine had some on his 400 f, you had to send them your old hub and they would fit into the wheel casting, not sure how!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

HondaFour

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 02:59:54 PM »
I was wondering about that..............that makes sense for the back wheel :). It looks like the rear drum has had the outside of it machined and its then press fitted into the cast wheel centre. It looks very solid, glad it was a CMA job and not just a one off !
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:02:17 PM by HondaFour »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal