Author Topic: Rickman 3/4 Fairing  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Darkness

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Rickman 3/4 Fairing
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »
Hi: I see some members of the forum have the Hondastyle/Rickman 3/4 fairings, so I'm hoping for some helpfull advice and/or photo's of the mountings.

I have one which has a "home done" and very weathered Honda Brittain red and blue colour scheme on it, so it's almost certainly been fitted to a Honda!

I'm thinking of fitting it to a CB550F2, but having offered it up, it seems a bit wide at the bottom compared with the width of the engine. 

It does have the circular cut-outs that line up with the alternator and points covers though.

Does anyone know if they are model specific: I suppose this could be off a CB750????

Thanks....Mark
CB 500 Four K1 - In more pieces than shown, but now shinier.
'93 m900 Monster in red - Original and best of breed.
'95 Cagiva Elefant 750

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Rickman 3/4 Fairing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »
From memory, and i add that is old and failing, the fairings were the same but the bracketry was different and "Pulled" the fiberglass into position. Not the best idea as it caused stress crazing--but not till well out of warantee!!

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Rickman 3/4 Fairing
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
My 500/4 (in the avatar) had a Type 2 fairing.

It was mounted in front of the clocks with two bolts into a subframe that attached to the tank mounting lugs. You had to cut down the rubbers to fit them back on...

To each side was a very insubstantial "L" shaped bracket that bolted to the rear engine mounts.

Sorry but I don't have any pictures.

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal