Author Topic: Watch out for that biker!!  (Read 2131 times)

jimshea

Watch out for that biker!!
« on: December 16, 2005, 12:23:40 PM »
I was riding home last night during ruch hour on the infamous M25 (in the UK), the traffic was solid for about 10 miles, as usual!
I had picked my way through the traffice very carefully avoiding angry BMW and Merc drivers and Artics from the continent. Even one guy decided to open his car door and get out of his car right in front of me!!
Anyway, I survived and was about to feed left throught the traffice for my exit, when a modern racer style motorbike cut right across in front of me and I missed him by inches because I saw him, he didn't even check if any other bikes were picking their way through the heavy traffic.
So, the morale is; your's not the only bike on the road, so watch out for the other biker as well as our four/8/16 wheel 'friends'!!
Haroomph!!
Jim.

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
Re:Watch out for that biker!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:57:54 PM »
Right I'm probably going to upset a few people here and maybe even flamed, but I'm going for it anyway.

IMHO, most of these guys are fair weather riders that in the last 3 years only had about 3 hours worth of riding experence.

You know the ones, matching, leathers, matching bike, matching pillion dolly, 35 to 40, helmet on brain off.

Suprised he was even out this time of year. Most seem to hibenate in September only to re-surface in May

rant,rant,rant,rant,rant,rant,rant,rant,rant,.........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better... If you are a sensibly rider that only rides in the dry, Sorry. If your a complete \"Knob 'ed\"  (Car or Biker), who thinks that getting there as fast as possible with no consideration for other road users is important - Get a life, better still get off the road.
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

jimshea

Re:Watch out for that biker!!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 09:50:13 AM »
John,
My sentiments exactly. Perhaps we have grown up?
I have noticed that cops and doctors look very young nowadays! ;) :)
Jim.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal