Author Topic: hello from midlands  (Read 1184 times)

Offline surplus 6

• View Profile
hello from midlands
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »
between uttoxeter and alton towers to be precise  ;D
been pointed in this direction by steveD over on another sohc site. well I've had an on/off affair with honda's (sorry to say I've ventured to other jap makes  :o) it all started back in '85 when I passed my test and got my first big bike (just after I sold my x7) a CB500/4 it was a bit of a shed but me and my brother tarted it up a bit, treated it to a new Alpha 4 into 1 8) it already had non std stuff on, like ducati alloy rimmed 18" wheels with iron discs, so it didn't phase me to fit a (if you are a purist please stop reading now, it will get worse  :-X) square head light off a k*wasaki, and when a seat couldn't be found it ended up with a xj550 seat and tail piece told you to stop reading  :D) due to missing an air filter, a rummage under the bench turned up some alloy bellmouths  ;D so that's how it was for the 2 years I owned it. then I brought a 750/4 but didn't like it as much (specially as the cam split/sheared in half and I had to limp home on two. did it up, but whilst sourcing bits, my brother lent me his yam and my head was turned.

Offline surplus 6

• View Profile
Re: hello from midlands
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »
as you can tell, I do waffle on at times.  ;) ;D
forgot to mention, I have a name of the guy and a rough area where he lives of the guy who owns my old 500/4, although it's a 550/4 now due to gear box explosion apparently. so I may be able to relive my late teens again  8)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:26:49 AM »
One of my 500s has XS400 wheels...

... and an XS headlight, and a home-made can on Motad headers, and a home-made seat, and a home-made instrument cluster

;D
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline surplus 6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »
I'll try and did out a pic of mine when I had it  8) do like the xs wheels, they go well

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
Unless you are a purist( I ain't and don't sound like you are either) just do what is necessary and ride it/them. Just because you have experienced the dark side does not mean you are a bad person!!! There are several other makes i would have if i could afford it but always come back to the Honda's

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal