Author Topic: Alternative Indicators  (Read 1767 times)

Offline MickP

• View Profile
Alternative Indicators
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »
I hope I'm not going to incite anything here. My '77 F2 is lovely, completely original and I love almost everything about it. The only things that bothers me aesthetically are the lollipop indicators. I feel they're too big and stick out too far. I'm willing to listen to others' opinions about them, but I've started looking for replacements, although I'd definitely keep the originals aside. I saw a wee Morini today that had it's indicators tucked in nice and close and they just looked so much more appealing.

If anyone knows of a similar looking but more compact replacement indicator I'd love to have a look.

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Indicators
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30:23 PM »
You might be interested in the type indicators these bikes were equiped with for the German market.
http://www.d-roggenbuck.de/Meine_Motorrader/CB_500/cb_500.html
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:32:00 PM by deltarider »

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 06:33:51 AM »
Don't forget to budget for an electronic relay if you fit small bulds or led type

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »
I agree about the indicators.  My solution is, left arm, I am turning left, right arm, I am turning right; reflective gauntlets for night time use.

Offline MickP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 12:28:04 PM »
I'm pleased I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Yeah I'd prefer not to have them at all, but they're a bit necessary in busy traffic. They could have been made half the size though, and only need to stick out an inch, bit of an eyesore really.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »
I'm very lucky, we don't have traffic around here, unless you go to the badlands.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal