Author Topic: SOHC World Tour  (Read 4524 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
SOHC World Tour
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:40:45 PM »
Those of you that frequent the .net site will be familiar with this.

The tour started in March 2011 and Godzilla has travelled extensively. (In NZ now I believe)

We need some support for the European leg.

Anyone interested?

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php#c10

2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: SOHC World Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 07:07:05 AM »
where when and what will it involve steve

Offline ST1100

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »
Where they landing, bearing, routes?
STOC #637
'00 ST1100Y, '04 ST1100R, '07 NT700VA, CB500K2, CB500K1...

Offline Jerry Rxman Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 04:01:33 AM »
Hey guys,

Steve suggested I come on board and let you know whats going on with the 2011 SOHC4 Relay Rally Across America, Canada, and Beyond. This would make all our European members part of the "And Beyond" portion. An introduction is in order. I'm Jerry Griffin, the Relay Coordinator, and I got this crazy idea off the ground in December 2010. One of our members suggested "we should get a ride together like they used to do" while another suggested "since we are so spread out that perhaps we should meet up along the way". I had just returned from a 5500+ mile ride and still had the bug up my ass so I set out to make it happen. I loosely mapped out a connecting ride throughout 48 US states, Washington, DC and the lower 7 Canadian provinces and presented it to our members for 2012. They wanted nothing to do with 2012. They wanted to do it in 2011! We kicked off March 12, 2011 at the Daytona 200 race in sunny springtime Florida with a target of Labor Day. We "adopted" Godzilla as our mascot. He, along with a banner and log book, would be our common links throughout the whole ordeal, err ride. We selected Regional Coordinators to bring the riders together in their areas. They, along with their riders, decided their routing. We had special receptions at events and got to do some laps on the special race tracks. We had coverage in Motorcycle Classics magazine. They were tasked with providing the continuity of Godzilla as he has ridden the entire Relay from one SOHC4 rider only to the next. Guests and non-SOHC4's were welcomed to ride along. 20,000+ miles, 48 US states, DC, and 7 Canadian provinces in 6.5 months. Through desert heat, desert snow, high snow bound mountain passes, horrendous thunder storms and tornadoes, with a lot of sunshine in abundance Godzilla connected all. He was shipped from Gabriola, BC, Canada and is now in New Zealand with Australia up next for their riding season while we north Americans are in the throngs of winter. The most outstanding things that occurred were smiles by all with new friendships made. Bikes were made (mostly) road worthy while many riders got out on the road for their first time. We connected SOHC4 names to faces. We internet strangers became one. What a fantastic event. I could go on forever but it'd be better for you to check out the World Tour section of the forums.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?board=125.0

Now that I've given you the condensed version what I'd like to know is if you guys think you could continue this amazing event on your side of the the big pond? I'm backing off as life has thrown me the old familly situation curve and I must reconfigure my life forward. We need volunteers! You guys can configure it to fit your situation, it's your ride. Doesn't have to be done like we did. You boys like to ride or not?!  :o

Who's in? Lets get a European coordinator/leader and get ready for Godzilla. Trust me, you'll never be the same! He's one badd ass lizard  ;) Should you wish to send inquiries to me PM's work great but I don't frequent this side of the forum so I don't really know what would work best??   

Jerry   
Original owner 1975 CB750F

Offline ST1100

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:00:11 AM »
Shouldn't be a problem getting such organized, had already been done with the STOC tag
(read http://www.my-mc.com/messages/1/146405.html?1314609786 and http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?93909-STOC-TAG),
as long as there are forms of communicating groups of SOHC owners in the area (I assume appropriate form of transport for banner & log book is mandatory  ;) )
STOC #637
'00 ST1100Y, '04 ST1100R, '07 NT700VA, CB500K2, CB500K1...

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:22 PM »
Well guys, I've thrown myself in at the deep end once again and volunteered for the job of co-ordinating Europe, I'm not sure what I've let myself in for but time was marching on and nobody was coming forward to assist in Jerry's attempt to get that pesky lizard round the globe. ;D
Which ever country you are in, please put your name down here or on the .net site  http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=101240.0  if you would like to take part, no matter how short of a run you might be able to make.
Mick in Australia where the lizard in enjoing the Ausie sunshine has promised me that he will get it to us in June in time for me to scare the thing to death again (and probably myself  ;D ) when I take it down the Alastaro Drag Strip in Finland.
Godzila last rode with me when we blasted down the Rockingham Drag Strip in North Carolina just after the start of the relay back in March 2011.
It's your turn now guys, lets show that lot over the big puddle that we can ride just as well. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Regards Sam. :D

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
If its allowedfor him to "Truck" arround the UK for a bit he can be with me on  nights for a while as long as someone before and after is willing to have a nocturnal experience!!

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Hi Bryan, so your on nights now, I used to look forward to you coming on line early morning when I was ready to go home to bed, I think we crossed over then. ;D ;D ;D I'm on regular days now, just a normal worker after eight and a half years of nights. :(

Sam. ;)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 05:43:01 AM »
Sam, you're a damn turncoat!!! Hope you handed in your vampires union card. I couldn't work days now, I'd get Alex Lester withdrawal symptoms.

I read on the other post about posting the beastie between jaunts, i cover a lot of the SW with ocaisional trips up your way now as we trunk to Preston Brook and Salmesbury so he/she/it can have a very varied time!!!

All the best mate
Bryan

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »
i have put my name down
pete

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
Sam, you're a damn turncoat!!! Hope you handed in your vampires union card. I couldn't work days now, I'd get Alex Lester withdrawal symptoms.

I read on the other post about posting the beastie between jaunts, i cover a lot of the SW with ocaisional trips up your way now as we trunk to Preston Brook and Salmesbury so he/she/it can have a very varied time!!!

All the best mate
Bryan

OK if we have to Bryan, Preston Brook is only 10 to 15 minutes away from me.
We have people in the south who are willing and people in the north but nobody in between.
Your offer might come in handy and we'll get to meet after all these years. ;D

Sam. ;)

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »
i have put my name down
pete

Got you on both side Pete, stand by for whatever happens next.

Sam. ;)

Offline dave400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 08:48:21 PM »
I can do a stint Sam if it helps you....my 400 is on a sorn at the moment but my chicken chaser is out most days 8)........ it is sohc ;D

Dave

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
Gotcha Dave 8)

Sam. ;)

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »
Count me in please Sam, i can do Lake District / Cumbria/ North Yorks etc  ;), cheers Mick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal