Author Topic: Hello from Cheshire  (Read 1274 times)

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Hello from Cheshire
« on: January 23, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
With 64 post, I guess I'm not really a new member but I have been missing for so long, I feel like one.
I've been a member on the American SOHC4.net site for quite a few years as the UK site had not started back then.
For most of that time I was a night worker and with America being awake at the same time as myself, I found it quite helpfull in finding usefull information instantly.
I joined the UK site not long after it started but with it being quiet at first and me being out of sync, I tended to spend most of my time on the other side of the pond.
Quite a few members on here know me quite well so this little intro is aimed at the newer members in the UK.
I looked in today to see if any of the UK or Euro members were going to get involved in the round the world relay that started in the USA last year. It covered every State and the seven southern States of Canada before being handed over to the Southern hemisphere guys in New Zealand.
It has just moved into Australia and the next leg of this Marathon will be Europe. I'm hoping that some of you will join in before it is returned back to the States around November.

Warm regards to all my old mates on here and those I hope to get to know.

Sam. ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:38:13 AM by SamCR750 »

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »
Hi Sam, you can count me in on the world tour  ;), i'l do the northwest leg or something when it gets here, cheers Mick.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
Hi Sam, i do see you on the other site from time to time when i get on there, as for the European leg of the tour i might be able to do a bit of the south east, but as i understand it there is no one organising the UK leg, and so no definite plans as yet#
Pete

Offline SamCR750

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
Thanks Mick and Pete. Yes Pete, we have met on the other side. I voted for your ride in the May BOTM, they wouldn't let me vote for that auto drag bike thing. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
We have a few months to sort things out. I've volunteered to co-ordinate Europe and am now looking for people to co-ordinate individual countries.
In the States there is no shortage of members in every State so handing it over the State line to the next relay didn't cause a problem.
Europe is about the same size as the States but with borders and far fewer members per country will make hand overs difficult.
I think adopting the Ausie routine where they post the lizzard to one another after taking it for a ride and taking a few pics will have to suffice in Europe.
We just need to get names and when people might be available.

Regards Sam.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:36:11 AM by SamCR750 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal