Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2418 times)

Necro

Hello
« on: January 08, 2006, 03:45:23 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Since I'm new here and no one knowes me I'm going to introduce myself:

My 1st bike was a Yamaha 250 RD (2nd Hand) The poor 250 engine didn't like my 140 Miles journey to and from work every day and collapse in 2 months ;)

My 2nd Bike was a Suzuki 1200N ~ much better to fly around the M25 .. of course 1 morning after 40 seconds driving a cough cough woman.. decided the stop line wasn't for here and that was the end of the 1200N Bandit (and few bones) ~ Here Insurance paid so

My 3rd Bike was a Suzuki Hayabusa (actually it should be call the Time travel machine) ~ fantastic machine 0-110 mph <3sec in 1 gear !
The haya was an import and the \"Chain tentioner\" was mechanical on the 1st model which caused some issue.. of course Suzuki recall the model to have an hydrolic system installed but mine been an import went thru, and the engine/pistons broke @ 140Mph . I actually managed to not kill myself!!
all pistons were broken inside the engine but since I had a Suzuki dealer \"Full\" service the week before they collected the bike and repaired it free (tooked 2 months :S  )  
I then took the bike to france few weeks later and discover that the eurostar isn't that fast after all ;)  on the way back the engine made some nasty noise so I decided to sell it !

My 4th bike was a Bandit 1200N (yep loved the bandit!)
Well basically 3 points (...) it had to happen 1 day (can't always evade them) and knowing myself I decided to sell the 1200cc bike for something nice looking.

So here comes my CB750 B)
The CB750 is a really nice bike because its not too hold (mine does a nice 110MPH) its stable and more important, I can cruise happily @ 30mph
Perhaps its the cool effect.. but I managed to be happily @ 30MPH..

So I have few issues with the engine :(
1. The left sparks hole is spitting hot oil when the engine is hot!! truely!! with the sparks on!! I think its the rings but if someone has a better idea??

2. The bike gets too hot!! (30 minutes ride) the oil obviously!! especially because the red oil led keep on flashing at me ;) now I have no idea why.. I'm thinking either the oil isn't circulating properly or the issue with 1 ? (yes there is oil inside the bike)

3.The gears works fine till the bike gets hot but I'm guessing thats because the bike is turning into a time bomb re 1 and 2 .. ;)

Since I didn't move the bike for 3 months, obviously the battery died and its not holding the charge so I have ordered a new one.. then I'm taking the bike to Mr Honda Dealer! (look I broke it, can you fix it?? i'm no good in mechanic, better let someone with knowlege to do it!)

Oh by the way, I run the bike on unleaded.. but I was told when I bought it to run it on 4 stars.. and since thats gone.. Is that ok ?

jimshea

Re:Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
Welcome. I assume you are in the south as you mention M25, where are you from?
Unleaded  is fine to use and will not be a problem, I run my 76 750F1 on unleaded.
What year bike do you have? Depending on the year, I would not advise having it fixed at your local Honda dealer!!
Have you recently changed oil, filter, plugs etc after the 3 month lay up?
Cheers,
Jim.

Necro

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 03:37:01 PM »
Was registered in 1975 but its a K3 engine CB750E-2249068.

I went to a \"Classic\" garage before and they totaly slaughtered the engine; thats where I got the leak & overheating from!! it was perfectly fine before they \"Serviced it\" :angry:  

At some stage the engine just refused to start all together and the Honda Dealer actually fixed it in 2 hours :) I actually believe the engine seized @ that stage!!

I used the bike after that for short journey but traffic jam with overheating bike doesn't work to well and it was getting cold :p

I'm in London by the way (and I have a V12 vanden plas S3 but thats going.. can't afford the repair!!)

jimshea

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Where in London, I am near Camberley in Surrey, there are others of us dotted around london. Which dealer did you use, he sounds pretty good to fix the bike in 2 hours?
Nice car the S3, but the V12 is a bugger of an engine to maintain. My mate has a S1 V12 and three of us race Jag saloons in the JEC racing series, i race a S1 XJ6.
Drop me an email on europeanmotorsport@hotmail.com and I will add you to the UK riders list that i am keeping, for events, meetings, rides etc.
Cheers,
Jim.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal