Author Topic: Beware of Zedheads bearing gifts.  (Read 1266 times)

Offline W-P Bill

• View Profile
Beware of Zedheads bearing gifts.
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
Hello! My name is W-P Bill and I'm a confirmed Zedhead.

Enough confession already. While I am indeed a Zedhead, I am ecumenical when it comes to bikes. Regarding SOHC's, I have almost pulled the trigger twice on decent condition 1978 CB750F2's, the Honda over which I lust the second (the most being the CBX six banger, another bike I have almost pulled the trigger on at two separate occasions).

I live in Japan, about 60kms from central Tokyo. During a recent trip to southern and central Japan, I happened to be in the vicinity of three big names in the Honda SOHC restoration business. I dropped by and snapped some pics at all ther locations. Before I post those photos here, since I have zero experience with this forum, I though I had better ask to make sure those three shops have not been covered before.  The three shops are:

Honda Shop NAKANOYA, located near Fukuoka city.

Restore Shop NISHIMATSU, located in Nagoya city.

YAMIYA, also located in Nagoya city.

Please let me know.

Also, I've found the SOHC4 forum for the US. Is there a similar internet forum for Australia?

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Beware of Zedheads bearing gifts.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum W=PBill, i've heard of Yamiya before but not the others, please post the photos i would love to see them  ;), cheers Mick.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
I don't think there is an Aussie forum as there seems to be quite a few using the US one. I'm sure one of them would have mentioned it by now.

Please post the pics.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
You'll find a bunch of Jap-o-philes on the .net site

There's no Aussie SOHC forum as far as I know. This one started a while back completely separate from the .net site (most of us are on there too).

If you have a number of interested parties and a handy webserver, it's very easy to start your own forum.  You'll need some rudimentary ftp and SQL skills, but other than that it's all at www.simplemachines.org

Steve

PS: post away - we like pictures and links!
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal