Author Topic: Marving exhaust  (Read 1477 times)

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Marving exhaust
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »
It must be spring `cos I`m starting to ask questions about the bike!!
Can anyone tell me if I need to remove the centre stand on my 550 K3 to fit the Marving 4-1 exhaust? Only asking because on the last MOT (OCT 2010) I had an advisory about the original 4-4 exhausts being a bit noisy :) and with it standing over the last 12 months or more it can`t have got any better.
Did anyone see the 4-4 on fleabay over xmas? It finished on xmas eve....final price (gulp) £1420!!!! That`s English pounds!!!!
The other thing is, if I fit the Marving do I go the full hog and fit the rearsets and flat bars, and look for a 500 petrol tank and clubman seat. Too many questions, my head hurts ;)
Cheers Nigel.
Do or do not...there is no try!

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Marving exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:20:36 PM »
Hi Nigel have you got any Photos of your Marvin exhaust? i've got a 750 exhaust hanging up in the loft and not sure what make it is,  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:24 AM »
If you fit a Marving it ain't gonna get quieter mate!!

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »
Hi Mick, I`ll photograph it and put it on here, but mine has Marving stamped on the silencer.
Hi Bryanj, I know that it`s a sports exhaust but if you could see the original 4-4 on my bike you would understand!! Let`s just say that when I took them off to powdercoat the frame they rattled and a lot of bits fell out, along with the end of one of the silencers! I managed to weld the end back on, with a few plates to cover the holes (all in stainless) but it didn`t help too much to reducing the decibels.
Do or do not...there is no try!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal