Author Topic: bit left over from wheel build ... ha ha  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Ewan 500 K1

• SOHC Pro
  • jings crivens help ma boab
    • View Profile
    • Adams Bros Probe 2001
bit left over from wheel build ... ha ha
« on: March 03, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »

I have bit left over from front & rear wheel builds on a 500 four . .. a steel washer/spacer. Cant see it in the parts diagrams, but am sure it came from either the front or back axle... slightly complicated by the fact that the bike is a mongrel of 500/550/750 parts. Photos of this bit below.. anyone know what it is / where it should go
jings crivens help ma boab

500K1/550K3 mongrel cafe racer project for now at http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,4120.0.html

500K1 basket case for later

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: bit left over from wheel build ... ha ha
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »
If it's not something from the areas of the spindle that are visible outside the wheel, then you'd need to look at internal bearing spacers.

I'm not currently familiar with these parts on that bike and don't know your level of knowledge so this is slightly vague.

If you bolt up either of the spindles with a internal spacer missing it will put far too much side load into the bearings and cause failure so you need to assure yourself that you have nothing missing from between the bearings of each wheel.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: bit left over from wheel build ... ha ha
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
At a guess I would say it sits in the sprocket carrier, filling the gap between it and the swinging arm ???
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal