Author Topic: What's it worth  (Read 1525 times)

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
What's it worth
« on: March 21, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
Hi Guys, Have chance of a 1972 CB125, 15,000 mls genuine all original candy gold not mint but not far off, fancy it as a fun local bike anybody have any idea what its worth ?

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: What's it worth
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I've been looking for a blue CB125S for years (my first bike...)

There's loads of rubbish about.

Good examples go for 400-500, for an immaculate one with correct exhaust, seat etc, about 750
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:16:58 PM »
Cheers for that Steve, used to ride a mates that was a blue one, A bit surprised prices are so low even for a good original one, Going to have proper look tomorrow see what happens.

Online florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
I had a blue cb125s, 1973 model and it was great fun to ride.  Don't forget though, the engines were not particularly strong and the cam bearings used to wear out causing the ignition timing to go all over the place and then they would sieze up.  The night before my bike test I had to strip mine down and put in a new gear to replace one that had shredded in the gearbox.  I managed to do it and turned up at the test with the bike smelling of burning oil and red hermetite.  Still managed to pass though.  There was a stage when I spent more time rebuilding engines than I did riding.

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »
Love them. I had a CB125 and a TL125 as a "young un". Thrashed both of them mercilessly / rarely gave them any mechanical attention / oil changes and had no engine failures. They just kept coming back for more. Of course I am all grown up and sensible now and frown on such behaviour!
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
Went to have a look but mate has changed his mind again and decided to keep it, I really feel sad for the little Honda it is sitting in a shed with about 10 Bantams a Bushman and a Hillman Avenger for company. Been trying to buy it for a while.  I think he's done me a favour caus need to finish this fecking Seeley Just new oil lines to fit and paint, Also my old DR650 [ Sorry but she is fun ] needs a bit of TLC after winter use. Think will look out for another 750/550 for next build and go down cafe route see what goes. Cheers to all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal