Author Topic: CB350K, they don't make them like that anymore.  (Read 1562 times)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
CB350K, they don't make them like that anymore.
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »
1972 CB350, been sitting outside unstarted since last August, drained carbs, kicked over, fired, started second kick.  Amazing!

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: CB350K, they don't make them like that anymore.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »
Nothing amazing about that, it's an sohc Honda! They are just soooo reliable, even YOU can't neglect it enough that it would die! ;D ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »
It had rather fallen out of favour with me but has won me over again now.  I think I might press ahead and get it ready for the MOT.  It has to be the cheapest vehicle I have ever known, bought in 1985 for £75 and has been working off and on ever since with only minimal repairs.  It does need tyres though and I'm not sure I can justify the expense of that at the moment.  I'll see what I can get away with with the rest of it first.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:47:46 PM »
They were great bikes, I had one many years ago with superdream wheels in it, looked kinda odd, but was a great hack, sadly some lowlife nicked it, couldn't get it started, so torched it >:(. I do still have my CB175 though, which is a real hoot to thrash mercilessly, still does 80+ two up! :o
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »
Ha ha, they are good for thrashing.  The only problem is I broke two crankshafts triding mine flat out all the time.  I think I'll treat it with more care from now on.  I only have one spare engine left and they are getting harder to find.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal