Author Topic: Hello from Warrington  (Read 1231 times)

Offline PaulD

• Almost an idiot
    • View Profile
Hello from Warrington
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:39:34 PM »
Hi, my name is Paul and im new to the site. Im bikeless at the moment having sold my beloved Kawa Z1300 a while back to fund my latest obsession of target shooting ::)
The problem is i miss not having a bike to fiddle with, polish and bimble around on sunny days. Im old enough to remember when the CB750 was launched and seeing one in the flesh for the first time in the bike sheds at college has stuck with me all these years. Im hoping to get an early K and do a rolling resto on it as i go along. I want to get it as near standard as possible which after my Z13 i know wont be cheap but if its worth doing its worth doing properly.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Warrington
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »
Welcome to our happy little forum! If you can't find the answers to any questions you may have on here, you'll probably NEVER find them! Good luck on finding a K, and keep us up to date on how it progresses ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
Welcome, Not to far from me. I second what Hairy said the knowledge on here is amazing. Just wish I had some of it.
The speed questions are answered dumbfounds me  :D

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
Hi Paul welcome aboard, the k models are great bikes, i ride mine mostly in the summer and enjoy riding it as a classic  the early models WITH 300 exhausts  sound the best IMO, proper old Honda's
Pete

Offline PaulD

• Almost an idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
Yes ive got to agree Pete, the four pipers are the dogs and i really like the first CB500 fours with the four trumpet style exhausts, i lost interest with Honda's when they went the four into one route :-\ I never managed to get a SOHC Honda but i did have a very nice CB900F2 for a while. My Honda's have mainly been the early twins (CB160, 72, 77 etc) and i did have a lovely CB175 K2 as a spotty yoof ;D Apart from my Z1300 which ive regretted parting with from the day i sold it other bikes i can think of have been a Kawa S1 triple, Suzuki GSXR1100 Slingshot (scary!) Suz T250, Dunstall Kettle a T120 engined Triton (truly awful!) and two race bikes RGV250 and TR500 replica.
Plus the usual commuters C70/90 even a couple of MZ250's don't laugh they are very good)
I think its about time i treated myself to an early K and see what all the fuss is about 8) the only thing that might sway me are an early Kettle J model or a very early H1 Kawa
Ill let you know when i get sorted and no doubt ill be pestering you lot for information, im a bof od a perfectionist so be prepared for LOADS of questions ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal