Author Topic: K7 Headlight Brackets  (Read 2389 times)

Offline H2Eric

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
K7 Headlight Brackets
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
Help required here. I sent my headlight brackets to the chrome platers unaware that the tubular bits that the indicators clamp on to were removable. The plater duly took them apart, obviously to facilitate the chroming process, but lost the small tubes. Oh bother or words to that effect. However, I take the view that what was made once can be made again and in this case shouldn't be too difficult. The question is how are the tubular bits attached? Can anybody supply a picture or description and some measurements so that copies can be made.
Thanks in anticipation

Eric

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: K7 Headlight Brackets
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
I have tried to attach a drawing (made before I sent mine to the platers) tonight but cannot get it to work so I have PM'd you

Rob

Offline archmill

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »
H2ERIC, I have a pair of F2 headlight brackets and although the brackets are a different part number ( CMSNL ), I wonder if the actual indicator stalk is the same. Anyone know, or can you recognise it from the photo.

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »
It looks like the indicator stalk is the same part number =  90154-404-610.  DS has 1 so does CMSNL.

Rob

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »
that part no also fits 550k3 a pity i just sold a pair on ebay for only 99p!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:51 PM »

Just a quick heads up . . .

. . . if both DS and CMSNL both list having the same part numbers in stock (particularly when it comes to non-service parts), the chances are there's only one part available.  DS often show stuff as being 'in stock' that they don't physically hold but are able to obtain under an arrangement with CMSNL, who'll ship the part to DS if/when an order is placed.

Offline archmill

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 12:21:57 AM »
So, looks to be the same H2ERIC, give me a shout and there yours.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »

Just a quick heads up . . .

. . . if both DS and CMSNL both list having the same part numbers in stock (particularly when it comes to non-service parts), the chances are there's only one part available.  DS often show stuff as being 'in stock' that they don't physically hold but are able to obtain under an arrangement with CMSNL, who'll ship the part to DS if/when an order is placed.

I never realised D Silver  uses CMSL sometimes when he has no stock
Pete

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »

Oh yeah - I found that out more by accident than design. 

Trying to find NOS/replacement parts for the SL350's (K0 and K2) without going stateside is not an easy task, so whilst scrabbling around I found there were bits showing up on Silver's site that were duplicated at CMSNL - and ordering them in from DS reduced the numbers available on both sites.  On one occasion,  I needed two different parts - one that DS was showing as being available but with a 5-7 day delivery time, and the other showing as unavailable but was in stock at CMS.  Called Silver's and they basically confirmed they could/would get both if they were in stock at CMS.

Like I say, it's usually the more esoteric stuff that they share - the giveaway on the DS site is generally the delivery time.

Offline H2Eric

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 08:59:14 AM »
Many thanks for all the replies, I should be able to get the problem sorted now.
Best regards to all

Eric

Offline archmill

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »
Eric, not sure the photo went with the PM.

Offline H2Eric

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
Thanks Archie, they will do nicely

Eric

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal