Author Topic: Cold start / rough running when cold  (Read 1179 times)

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Cold start / rough running when cold
« on: June 02, 2012, 06:02:09 PM »
 :)
Hi again
I've a CB 750 K5 and have what I thimk is a running problem from cold although it might be how they are ?
I've replaced plugs ,coils,plug caps,fitted electronic ignition,stripped and replaced all internal bits of carbs,balanced carbs, valve clearances etc checked ,fuel filter fitted etc .
When you start it up it idles but try and rev it for the first minute or so and it just dies and splutters
Once on the road it's rough for a couple of miles ,once warm she runs a and idles fine ..and starts on the button just fine
Anyone has this prob or are they generally like this and I will have to live with it ?

Thanks again

Amos  ;)
Amos

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Cold start / rough running when cold
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »
Bluemouse,

From cold you start with choke?Does she rev with choke on?Sounds to me carburation problem mine wont idle until warm to hot .Check colour of the plugs black too rich white weak,Mine also jerks about for a couple of minutes then fine.Hope this helps.
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:16 AM »
I give mine full choke start it up, pull off and take the choke fully off, no problem, same as my previous 750's, they don't like the choke at all.

Cheers

Dennis
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »
Both mine are the Same as Den's full choke to start & once started straight off,  hold on the throttle to keep 'em ticking over till warmish then they will tickover on there own ;) cheers Mick.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
Plus 1 Mick exactly right
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal