Author Topic: Help, I need an orifice!  (Read 2242 times)

Offline dazm

• View Profile
Help, I need an orifice!
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »
Hi there,

Just rebuilding an engine thats been apart for the best part of my lifetime and job has stopped because one of the oil control orifice's is missing from the cylinder head. The engine is a 78/79 F2 and the part number is 12238-300-010 , looking on the web for a replacement is drawing a blank as this is an obsolete part. Anyone here know where to find one or have one for sale  :D

Also whats the recommendation for using sealant on the "pucks" beneath the cam towers - yay or neigh? Oh and whilst I'm here, may as well ask - how many o rings are required beneath the cam towers?, the 2 on top of the orifices are obvious but I've read that there are others that fit blind? And finally does anyone have the part number for the 4 studs that fasten the cylinder head to the block?, these are the ones that sit beneath the 4 pucks.

Many thanks for any assistance

Cheers daz

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Help, I need an orifice!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »
Hi Daz do you mean the oil control jet that fits in the head?, i use hylomar blue on the pucks sparingly  ;), cheers Mick.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:02:10 PM »
The bolts are 90049-300-000 bolt special 6x36 (flange bolts with a phillips cross ib the head), dont see any reason for not using allen bolts with a washer.

pucks use Hylomar or silicone BUT KEEP IT AWAY FROM OILWAYS.

You should fit 2 "O" rings under each cam tower as they have oilways to fit either side so oil can leak out of the "blank" end if you don't

and if i can find them i have two new orifi but the price i paid was very dear

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
Hondaman's book recommends the use of a non setting gasket material on the pucks. just in the grooves and around the edges to give a "caulked in" look.

The pucks on the K8's and F's as well as overbored motors had a greater tendancy to leak from these than the earlier K motors (probably due to higher temperatures that affected the seals more)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »
OK found them, and the invoice! you can have thenm for what they cost me which was £15 plus postage mate, sorry i know its horrific but i bought they for an engine rebuild for a customer and he never came back

Offline dazm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »
Thanks all for the great advice, very much appreciated!
BryanJ,
Thats brilliant mate, I'll take the orifices from you, email me your address and total cost and I'll get some money on its way to you pronto.
Email address is darren<at>tuff.org.uk.

Once again thanks to everyone that replied.

Cheers daz

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »
On the K7 the bolts are "normal" Flange Bolt part 95701-060-3500 it looks like the F2 uses them as well (so the fiche says).

Rob

Offline dazm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
Thanks Rob,

Are there different versions of the SOHC F2 engine?, I read somewhere of F2 engines having bigger valves and requiring a head gasket that was oval shaped over the barrels. My F2 engine came with a replacement gasket whic hI plan on using that is just round, the barrel tops are round and the valves down't seem overly large. Engine number is B750GE-101133 and head is stamped with 410 at the back. Maybe I strayed into a thread about F2 DOHC engines by mistake!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal