Author Topic: Clocks  (Read 1105 times)

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Clocks
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:50:01 PM »
Been going through a load of F2 parts which I recently picked up and the clocks are mint thinking of fitting them to my Seeley which is all F1 running gear, Question, is there any difference barring the red line marking being 1000rpm apart ?
Also something I have never seen, the engine has come with caps over exhausts,inlets,flow and return,oil flow and return etc is this a kit you can buy they all seem purpose made of soft plastic for each opening.
Up to now have only removed rocker cover and all inside looks to be like new and very well oiled with what looks like new oil.Even the plugs are all new will check further but all looking very promising.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Clocks
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 06:10:18 AM »
Probably the plastic bungs you find in Hydraulic steel pipe when you buy a full length

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:57:31 AM »
I would GUESS that the clocks would be fine, I can't see the gearing for the tacho drive would change between models so as you say the difference is just the red line, as for speedo again I think the wheels are the same diameter so it would only matter if the speedo drive were differently geared. Don't have enough experience of different bikes to KNOW that though.

To be sure I would pop over the CMS website and check out the part numbers for the F1 and F2 speedo and tacho drives. ( The clocks are very likely to be different part numbers anyway due to red line etc )

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »
Thanks lads fitted and working.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal