Author Topic: THrottle B cable  (Read 980 times)

Offline simongill

• View Profile
THrottle B cable
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:01:49 AM »
Hi Guys
Has anyone got a Throttle B (closing) cable hanging around they could measure for me. I've just bought one but although all the numbers tie up it seems to short for my 78 F2.
The outer cable would do but the routing is tight, but the inner seems about 20mm to short.

Simon

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: THrottle B cable
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
I'll have a look and get back to you later  ;), cheers Mick.

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 07:42:06 AM »
Hi Simon,

Is it a pattern cable or original? I bought patterns for my F1 and found similar problems, gave up and bought OEM and all is fine.

Andie

Offline simongill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »
THanks Mick and Waggles

It was a pattern cable, but the supplier said he has sold 12 without any comeback ....Hmmmmm.!!!

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »
Perhaps they all gave up and went OEM! Seriously, we are sometimes bad at this, I have to admit I haven't sent mine back so the supplier is blissfully unaware it didn't fit. In my defence I bought it some time ago and I can't remember where from, but thats not the point really, we should all grizzle or we will keep getting poor service. ( HID says I am very good at grizzling  ;) )

Slightly off topic I have fitted a pattern clutch cable ( can't find OEM anywhere ) it fitted ( just ) but the adjuster that fits in the clutch cover was completely wrong, I had to remove and fit the old one. Once again, I didn't complain as I was more concerned with getting the bike on the road.

Bad Waggles!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal