Author Topic: re:old log book  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: re:old log book
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 07:13:36 AM »
When I first got my F1 about 2 years ago I registered it in my name and I too was a bit concerned about whether to SORN or not. The way I read it was as it was last taxed in 1985 I didn't need to. I thought 'What the hell' it doesn't cost anything so tried to apply for SORN via the website ( after getting the V5 back ) and it wouldn't let me do it so I took that as proof I didn't need to.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 12:27:30 PM »
Woohoo, I'm a happy bunny.

'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Well done lester, glad it worked out for you mate

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
 ;) nice one lester they even gave you an irish plate  :) the latest turn of events in my case is the last owner phoned me to say he found the old logbook and the DVLA had been in contact with him,just my luck ,so at least i know they earned my £25 ,so i decided to let them earn another fiver and see if they got a list of other previous owners

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
Thanks guys.
That is the original reg. It lists previous owners on the V5, I'm the second.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
 :o   sorry lester about the number plate, i just realised you are in bangor ireland not wales ,and i been drinking most of today great weather here so i do apolagize, did you have to deal with DVLA  in swansea or did you get it all sorted in corleraine ? i got one of my cb750's from killawaughter, larne,it has also been registered in newtownards and portadown ,are they anywhere near you ? you might have seen it flying around BTW the reg on the bike was PIA96** and used in a cherished transfer it is now RIL3889 and it was pink when i bought  it  ::) it was reputed to be one of the first two sent to ireland,and it is the oldest one i have had,it was registered in march/1970  a bit of the old blarney methinks,

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »
:o   sorry lester about the number plate, i just realised you are in bangor ireland not wales ,and i been drinking most of today great weather here so i do apolagize, did you have to deal with DVLA  in swansea or did you get it all sorted in corleraine ? i got one of my cb750's from killawaughter, larne,it has also been registered in newtownards and portadown ,are they anywhere near you ? you might have seen it flying around BTW the reg on the bike was PIA96** and used in a cherished transfer it is now RIL3889 and it was pink when i bought  it  ::) it was reputed to be one of the first two sent to ireland,and it is the oldest one i have had,it was registered in march/1970  a bit of the old blarney methinks,
NORTHERN Ireland, part of the UK. :)
Everything here is through Coleraine.
Great weather here too, no need for apologies. What bike are we talking about Steff? I've seen one CB (750F3) here in the past 10 years but then I haven't gone too far as I haven't ridden in 20 years. :)
Newtownards is 3 miles away.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »
 @ lester its a  1970 CB750k0 it was a lady owner who had owned it in newtownards perhaps thats why it was painted pink  :-*

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »
I honestly haven't seen a CB750 that old here since the 70's. Mostly 400's here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal