Author Topic: clutch switch and front caliper  (Read 911 times)

Offline simongill

• View Profile
clutch switch and front caliper
« on: June 27, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »
Hi
Has anyone fitted a new clutch switch? I've just looked at my diagram and where it appears to be wired in, it doesn't do anything! I'm thinking of just wiring it in series with the start button wire that goes to the solenoid. What do you think?

Also, on another subject, one of my F2 front calipers won't seal when the bleed nipple is done up. I think its due to the fact of me being a bit aggressive in getting the old corroded one out last winter. Has anyone had these bored out and a plug inserted with a new tapped hole for the nipple? Or any other trick I've missed.

Finally, have just tried to bleed my rear brake (new master cyc seals fitted) but for the life of me cannot get to bleed. Have tried back bleeding, have taken it out and re stripped it down and all seems correct, have back filled it on bench but little ****** will still not bleed!

All this is very frustrating as I've left all the fluids to last, and now its holding me up.....lesson learned there!!

Cheers

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: clutch switch and front caliper
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:45:58 AM »
As long as neutal light works you can disconnect the clutch switch and dispose of it.

As to the bad bleeder I have some repair kits sourced from the US where you drill and tap 1/8 NPT thread and screw in a brass insert that has a new bleed nipple insert with nipple, cost price was £13 plus postage to you. Look at:-
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=103641.0

($8.99 turns into £13 when you add postage and HMRC getting involved!!)

If you want to call me on 07795162623 any evening Sunday to Thursday after 8pm I will give you more info and some hints on bleeding

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:23:50 AM by Bryanj »

Offline simongill

• View Profile
Re: clutch switch and front caliper
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
Hi

Sounds brilliant. I'll give you a ring and order one of your kits. I,m going to have another go at the bleeding today, so fingers crossed.
Thanks again

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal