Author Topic: k7, k8 quick question  (Read 1763 times)

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
k7, k8 quick question
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
Questions:

K8 - Where does the breather tank oil drain run?  This is the bolt-up type catch pot with the u-bend drain hose.

K7 - Where does the points plate wiring run, is it along the frame or under the engine by the neutral switch wiring?  If its along the frame anyone know the clip part number (want to use the correct part, not tie wrap).

Rob

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: k7, k8 quick question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
Can't help you with the breather pipe, but points wires are routed under the engine under the clutch housing and connect in a boot up near the brake light switch on the frame down tube , hope this helps cheers Mick.

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 10:26:49 AM »
Thanks Mick, the PO had tie wrapped the wiring along the frame and it looked a mess.  Now I know, I can get it to look tidy. 

Still need help with the K8 breather!

Rob

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »
Rob
Have a look on cmsl site you might be able to work it out from the pics to me probably not much help but it looks like the same set up for k7 and F1.
Sorry can not help you further as I am not familiar with these models.
All the best
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
Don't know about the K8, but this is my F1 set up.

Here's the F2 version

Cheers

Den
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:03:22 AM by Spitfire »
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
Thanks all!  I have attached a photo of the bits that I am in trouble with. 

It originally looked like the vertical part of the pipe ran up the frame and you would unclip it to drain the trapped oil (there should be a plug in the pipe which is missing but is available from DS.  Problem with this is I can't see how to avoid the crankcase or the rear breather tube.  The pipe could also be rotated and bent to run along the rear swing arm but this does not seem right.

The CMSNL drawing shows the pipe pointing towards the rear of the bike and downward but this does not fit either!

Rob

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
Does the long black pipe not go down and over the swinging arm? looks like its shaped to go somewere? and there is usually a guide bolted to the back of the engine for overflow pipes etc to run through,  ;)cheers Mick.

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
Mick, the guide is too small to take the long pipe.  I have just bolted the breather pot into place and will try the pipe in various positions to see what I can come up with.  It might actually be shaped to go round the rear crankcase breather pipe.

cheers Rob

Offline UKROBK7

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
Sorted! Posted on the US site and the reply is that it wraps over the front of the swing arm and is held by a bracket.  It then goes backwards to a bracket on the RH silencer bracket.

Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal