Author Topic: honda parts  (Read 1694 times)

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
honda parts
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just found a link to www.hondaparts.direct, has anyone tried them, prices seam a bit cheaper but of course you would have postage, wondered if you had any info about them, always looking for a bargain, David Silver is charging silly money for things now! :o 

Jock

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: honda parts
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
Bad link.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 09:28:52 PM »
Sorry should have been www.hondaparts-direct.com, hope you have better luck this time.

Jock.

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »
Interesting to have another source for parts. I suspect that import duty and postage may ruin any price advantage. Looking at a couple of parts, they are not much if any cheaper, but that could just be the bits I chose to compare.

Worth bookmarking for the future though.

Cheers for the link

Offline ST1100

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »
I suspect that import duty and postage may ruin any price advantage.

Since many/most US vendors insist to on UPS or FedEx as overseas carrier (for insurance and tracing), the shipments comes indeed a tad expensive.
And with those courier services is there no such thing as [marked as gift] or [used parts], they go by default through the full EC customs procedures and charges...

One would need a reliable, private, local partner over there who does the purchase, repacks the goods, sticks the [gift] label on and does surface shipment.
But even then the customs might still stumble over it...  ???
STOC #637
'00 ST1100Y, '04 ST1100R, '07 NT700VA, CB500K2, CB500K1...

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
 i did order parts from the USA a few weeks ago from a website not the one you have listed, but very much like it, anyway couldn't believe my luck when they had a load of CB750k0 bits listed,i bought a oil tank  seat latch these things are hens teeth and rocking horse manure, proceeded to check out and paid £106 via paypal, a day later i got a email saying these parts are discontinued with Honda and they would send me a refund i crapped myself for seven days waiting for paypal to clear the refund.i really needed them parts and asked why they still had them listed but out of stock .they said next time email them and they could tell me if they had any.and another thing that has been mentioned by seamus is i have also been hammered quite a few times by the customs so be careful out there guys

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
No such thing as surface mail from the US now, everything goes airmail!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal