Author Topic: Identify frame and engine ????  (Read 970 times)

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Identify frame and engine ????
« on: September 12, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »
Hi
Not sure if you remember that I was going to chop up  my K5 and and fit a rear disc !!!
After a lot of sole searching  I decided not to .
I've bought a F1 frame and going to build a out and out cafe racer !! I have most of the parts
I bought a engine today from a local Bike nut he had a frame as well so I  threw the boat out and got   That as well .. I have a HM customs certificate stating it was a 1970 .
The frame number is CB750 1061625
Engine number is CB750E - 2343011

Anyone have any ideas what year these are from ?

What do I need to do to get the frame registered in this country ? I have the C+E 386 form dated 1996 !!

Thanks again

Amos

Amos

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Identify frame and engine ????
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
Hi Just having a quick look i would say you have a K1 frame & a K4 engine,

you could go the same route i did to register your bike here in the uk? i didn't mention that it had been registerd before in another country  :-X

write to Honda uk asking for a year of manufacture letter takes a while as they have to contact Japan & cost £30 it may have gone up now,

insure & mot on the frame number

once you have these documents toddle off to your local DVLA office present them with this info think you have to fill another form and pay some more money?

also take some id for yourself i forgot mine and had to go back home to get some :-[, then you should walk out of there with an age related reg number etc

8) chers Mick.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Identify frame and engine ????
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »
i used this to find out your details  ;)

http://www.ace.net.nz/classic/numbers.htm

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal