Author Topic: twin disc conversion,wire wheels.  (Read 1391 times)

Offline taminator

• sheil no take it captain
    • View Profile
twin disc conversion,wire wheels.
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
Hi, just bought a cb550 four , have a rd 400 and spent a fortune on it but the alternator has just went, so its on gum tree as im not spending any more it, aaah, had honda fours when i was younger, so im going to make a nice 550 from the 70s, clip ons, 4 into 1,etc,the bike has ugly comstars on it, but the guy i bought it from has the hubs, they need new rims and spokes, has anyone done the hubs with alloy rims and a twin disc coversion, what is involved, thanks tam.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: twin disc conversion,wire wheels.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 06:58:48 AM »
For twin disc you need a disc, caliper with bracket carefully spaced, remove brakelight switch and use standard banjo bolt then fit a gl1000 master cylinder with the brakelight switch on it.

Also you nee to modify the speedo drive plate

Offline taminator

• sheil no take it captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »
Hi, thanks for replying, do you need a diffferent fork leg for the right leg, and does the standard wheel take the other disc, thanks.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »
You dont need another leg, unless somebody has retrofitted 500 forks and you will only need longer bolts to go through both discs. If you PM me your direct email address i wrote a how to as a word doc years ago and if i can find it i will send it too you

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal