Author Topic: Hi from Berkshire.  (Read 2012 times)

Offline veefour

• View Profile
Hi from Berkshire.
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
Hello, my name is David & i have just recently purchased a CB550f. My main problem now is the need to get it transported from Essex down to Newbury. Can any forum member recommend a reliable reasonably priced bike transport company. I have already contacted 3 well advertised firms who have'nt even bothered to reply to my emails etc. >:( so i need someone who actually can do the job !! I am looking forward to getting the bike having previously owned a lovely prestine CB550k 25 yrs ago. When i do eventually get the bike i will post a couple of pics.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Berkshire.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 09:17:29 AM »
Welcome veefour like your name nice one.Sorry I can not help you out with transport but I do see a lot on eBay that will transport your bike for a quid a mile but with to days fuel costs who knows what it is now.All the best with your bike and look forward to some photos.
Regards
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:49:45 AM »
Hello David and welcome to the forum, if i were down your way i would glady move it for you in my van but i'm up north  ;) when you get your bike home put some photos on  :) cheers Mick.

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:43:32 PM »
Hi and welcome, i have used BLD(http://www.bldgroup.co.uk/ ) for bike transportation they charge £109 plus vat anywhere in England/Wales. regards, Mick
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline cb750stu

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:04 PM »
Hi and welcome !!!

Ive used Shiply.com to move bikes kitcars etc they are like a ebay type auction,just enter your details and wait for the bids,its also good because you can veiw there feedback !!!

Cheers
1976 CB750 F1 SS in bits !!! but getting there

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »
Hi David welcome to the forum, when you get a firm to transport your bike check they are fully insurured for damage to your bike
Good luck and hope to see some pictures soon
Pete

Offline veefour

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »
Thanks guys, i have now arranged a reputable company to pick my bike up this week. Here is a pic taken for me by the previous owner. Oh & bitsa my user name relates to my other bike which is a 89' VFR.
Cheers.
Dave.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »
Cheers had the idea in mind all the best
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal