Author Topic: Avon road runner rear tyre anyone ??  (Read 1091 times)

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Avon road runner rear tyre anyone ??
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »
Anyone out there got a rear Avon road runner 120 tyre for a CB750 f1 I have a bike with the rear tyre has gone "lumpy" on the edges but the front is like new .. So seems a shame to buy a set of road riders I'd like to keep the old school tyres if I can

Thanks

Amos
Amos

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Avon road runner rear tyre anyone ??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 07:04:51 AM »
Sorry Amos, I don't have one. Just a word of caution tho, do you know how old the front tyre is? when I got my F1 it had been standing since '85, it was fitted with barely used roadrunners that looked great. Its just as well I budgeted for new tyres tho, when I took them off to have the wheels rebuilt the sidewalls ripped. Unless you KNOW the front tyre is relatively new I would replace it anyway, not worth the risk in my humble opinion.

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:50:23 PM »
Thanks for your info I know what u mean about the age of the tyre , I used if for the last 2000 miles with no problems though ..  Have two cb750s that need tyres and it gets real expensive as u can emagine !!!
Amos

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »
Yep, know what you mean Amos, am seriously thinking of stashing some tyres ready for my retirement ......

..... and if it were legal, safe and didn't go 'off' I'd dig a tank and stash a few hundred gallons of petrol! a Honda 50 cub on davits at the back seems like an idea right now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal