Author Topic: F2 Carbs  (Read 1134 times)

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
F2 Carbs
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:25:24 PM »
HI to all, I have a mint set of F2 carbs and was thinking of trying them on my F1 would this be of any benefit. normal story I have them and as usual fancy a play about. Your input would be good shall I have a play or leave well alone?

Offline bluemouse1006

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: F2 Carbs
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
Please check the cables are correct as I had probs with this and it was expensive to fix
Amos
Amos

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:13:35 AM »
No expert on the F2. I doubt you would gain very much. I would expect you would have to rejet as the F2 head is a bit free-er flowing with the larger valves. Only advantage I can think of is don't the F2 carbs have accellerator pumps? this could, in theory, give better 'pick up' ( or even make it worse by dumping a load of fuel in the F1 head can't cope with? ) personally, once you had got it all correct I doubt you would notice any difference as I would bet the F2 carbs ran leaner ( for emmisions purposes ) and so needed the pumps.

As I say, am no expert on these specific carbs, just my opinion

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:28:35 AM »
Also arn't the carb to head rubbers a different size? and F2 ones made from unobtainium!

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:27:16 AM »
Thanks lads for input I will give it a miss, wasn't phased by fit have a set of inlet rubbers still softish! would have had to fit a choke cable no biggy. You all know what its like if its there try it.   Never thought about F2 carbs and emissions good point it was in my mind if accelerator pumps would help but all points taken on board thanks, Don't want to create stress instead of fun.
Thanks again to all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal