Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1206 times)

Offline rbt1548

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
Hi,  a quick hello as I have just joined the forum having bought a  Cb550 F2. It was registered in 1979 but I'd imagine it's a '77 bike. The bike was described as  in excellent condition by it's previous owner, however on closer inspection, our descriptions must differ greatly, quite a lot requiring doing!

It has come with a motad exhaust system on the bike but I did manage to get from him a full original system with the silencer totally solid although No.1 pipe has been hit by something and torn between the head joint end and about 3", there are no scratches/ road rash on the pipe so it's not been down the road, I'll look into getting a repair and rechrome.

I have a couple of  other bikes a Guzzi 1000s and a 1965 BSA Lightning Clubman.

Although having numerous bikes over the years I have never had a four cylinder engine, this may prove to be fun!!!, always thinking that a twin was enough to be contending with for working on, (although I did have a Thunderbird Sport), my vacumn gauges are just a pair so maybe need to get a four set.

So here's hoping the ownership will be enjoyable, now onto the CB550 forum with some questions.

Chere
Robert
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:18:30 AM by rbt1548 »

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
Hi Robert welcome to the forum,
Pete

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
Hi Robert and welcome when you get chance put some photos of your bikes on  ;) cheers Mick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal