Author Topic: Frame coatings  (Read 1212 times)

Offline p@ul

• View Profile
Frame coatings
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
Good evening all,

My F2 is well on the way to being stripped now ready to have the frame and other bits and pieces coated ready for the Cafe build.
There is a coating firm in my Town who do the following coatings.... Polythene, nylon and PPA.  http://www.kelcoat.co.uk/
No mention of powder coating as you guys seem to favour. Is what they have to offer a form of powder coating ?
Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks Paul.
CB 750 f2..... November 2012 the start of a long Cafe project !!

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Frame coatings
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »
I bought some fork legs that were plastic coated, the finish did not suit the part and it was lifting off the metal, paint and powder coat can be touched up sanded and polished , i am not sure about the plastic coating

Offline cobra

• View Profile
Re: Frame coatings
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
Hi Paul, nylon coating is when you heat the metal, and dip the part into a nylon powder, the nylon sticks to itself, like a sausage skin, if its damaged, water gets in and it swells up, where as powder coating is sprayed on and then heated up in a curing oven, this way the paint sticks to the metal. there is a chap in long eaton, MHP coatings, that do powder coating, and he gets all the parts blasted before coating, very reasonable prices as well, his number is 0115 9464496

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal