Author Topic: To sell or not to sell  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
To sell or not to sell
« on: December 03, 2012, 06:57:16 PM »
Hi all just been offered £7500 for my green k1.  :-\  I would like to keep it for at least a year and cover at least a thousand mile on it but now I can't decide weather to sell or not.

Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: To sell or not to sell
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »
That does seem to be a very good offer ;D What you need to work out is what it owes you, and how attached you are to it. After all, heaven forbid, but you may get hit by an uninsured driver, or the bike get stolen in the meantime, and insurance companies HATE having to pay out even agreed values :'( I know K1's are quite scarce, but rarely have I seen them priced that high, I'd probably take his hand off and look for a project as winter is upon us!, But that is me, only YOU can decide the ultimate answer to your question!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:41 PM »
Agree with hairygit that's a hell of an offer but how many times have you sold things and then regret it.If you keep it a bit longer will they offer you more with age as long as you keep it in mint condition.Over to you your choice.On another thyme a frenchman offered me a k1 totally in bits under a pile of wood 6 inches of crap on it engine in box's that I could not see and he would not accept less than 2 grand for it.I told him to walk with a jerk.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »
Hi hairygit my problem is I get far to attached to any bike or car that I have ever owned and always regret selling them.My pegaso hasn't worked properly for years and my Triumph now refuses to start at all but I still can't part with them.I sold my cd250u for £600 more than what I paid for it and still regret it nearly every day.I already have another 750k1 in bits lined up for a winter project but haven't had the time to do anything with it and now i'm looking at buying another one  ;D I may have to see someone about it before I run out off room and money
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 09:01:33 PM »
Thats a tough one, you will probably regret either way, glad to see k1's increasing in value, i struggle to get rid of anybike and usually just buy another

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:06:46 AM »
We can tell Pete by your signature line(s)  ;D

Personally I am too attached to my F1 to sell it even if offered such a sum. Yes, of course I could get and rebuild another but would it be as good? would it mean so much not being the first? Depends on how much you need the cash though, you are unlikely to get another offer like that for quite a while!

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »
Just about every vehicle i have ever sold i have regretted for some reason but it depends on finances, if cost don't go down or wages up i may have to sell one of mine!!

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 09:23:14 AM »
I've still got my 1964 BSA A65 (a basket case at the moment) that I bought when I was 17, and I bought the F1 new in 76, it's a bit of a family heirloom, I really do not know what I would do if someone affered me silly money for the F1, probably sell it and buy a more modern bike that I could use and abuse which I can't do with the F1.

Cheers

Den
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline keithK2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »
The question is what would you do with the £7500? You won't be able to ride a wad of cash that will not even keep pace with inflation if you put it in a building society or invest it. If you buy yourself another project it will cost you as much if not more than £7500 to get it to the same standard as your K1. Keep it, enjoy it and if you ever sell it, it will be worth even more than you have been offerd.

Offline kifer

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 12:16:55 PM »
If you don't need the spondas and you have good storage keep it every time, I stuck mine on flea bay then took it off with 3 days to go storage is my problem. Its harder than divorce

Offline gasman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 10:01:21 PM »
Hi Guys
I had three bikes, then -as I had nothing to do thought I would import three from the states [cbx and two cb750s] tart them up then sell them, Trouble is you get attached to them, all that time and attention means something, if you dont need the funds keep them. Remember the times you park your bike up, step away, look back and think "wow" thats my bike, priceless, its more than money- thats what makes us so passionate about what we do.
regards neal

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal