Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1380 times)

adrian58

Hi
« on: December 08, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
Hi my names Adrian I live near Cardiff in South Wales. Bought a CB750 K2 about a month ago looking to make it look nice and original without going down the 'Concours' route.
 Will be very grateful of any help when I get stuck (and I will).
  Other bikes I own are a Triumph Legend 900 and a Harley Sportster  XL1200C. Looking to get rid of the Harley in the soring.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:32:27 AM »
Hi Adrian, and welcome, K2's are quite easy to restore, parts are all over ebay, many people are restoring these bikes to mint condition and selling good used parts with that hard earned patina at a resonable price , Dave silvers is selling repro exhausts now for this model at a great price, saying this it is still quite easy to spend lots even on a non show bike, i spent  loads of money on my F2, far more than it is worth, and that was just restoring it to a good used condition with original paint, and lots of secondhand parts,
Pete

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum and nice to see another K2 out there being looked after, I like them in a good condition and not just concours.....a bit like when you see a really good race bike that's well used but perfectly assembled and adjusted and works really well, like Pete says "a nice patina".

The Harley I like as well, a friend has one with a Mikuni carb conversion which is really fun to ride.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal