Author Topic: 341 exhaust systems  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
341 exhaust systems
« on: December 15, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »
Hi Guys.
Real worried now these systems worth a fortune now and the clever Japs have decided not to make a money making thing obsolite why??????????????????????
So this winter what do we do take them off clean grease etc and store them indoors? This to make them last??????????? Frack me and I am not talking about friggin gas but has anybody have any buissness sense anymore?Whats all you guys thoughts on this.I know DS has replicars but do the headers go blue like all the other shite?I would like to hear kick arse views on this.
Cheers
Bitsa
PS as previuosly posted honda 300 pipes on Ebay Germany 800 euros each over 3 grand for a set are honda that dumb?
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline gasman

• View Profile
Re: 341 exhaust systems
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »
Hi Guys
Really dont see the point of paying all this money-- the purists will say "well its not original" well, I dont give a toss, I have just purchased a complete replica system from david silver, its as good quality as the hm 341 and for 600 quid I am not complaining. As long as people are willing to pay silly money others will ask it. My friend sold a cb750 k1 a short while ago, the guy came from scotland to portsmouth, the bike has had a new coat of paint and looked every bit as new, a brilliant paint job-- the guy walked away cause its not original, how stupid does it get?
regards neal

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »
Hi Gasman.
I am with you with your thoughts but I am all for anyone who makes replicas but the the headers going blue I can not live with that's 1 of the reasons I never was interested in Brit bikes looked crap.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Online steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 08:31:33 PM »
 ;) welcome to British weather.if you can stick an old 4into1 for the winter all well and good ,i will not be running any of my Honda CB750's (except my combination which has a 4into1 motad)this winter for that very reason i have tried all the tips and they don't work you are only putting off the inevitable condensation and rust, i have removed them filled them with oil , removed the wading in the baffles,the real problem with Honda's original 4 into 4 exhaust is they run so cold that they will rot inside out ,feel your pipes after you have been for a short ride and they don't get up to any real temperature except for the downpipes,this problem came to light in the first few years of manufacture even then they where sixty quid a pipe ,so as you say Honda could still be sitting on a fortune,as long as old Mr Honda was alive he insisted on always having spares for the older bikes , but not now there is the new regime. in my experience the 341's last a bit longer than the 300's, probably down to the better exhaust baffles they run a lot quieter and bit hotter, the downpipes will never go blue as they are double skinned so the chrome will always look good unless you use aftermarket pipes like 4into1,which run a lot hotter but the downside then is cheap blue single skin downpipes that look like an old British twin  ::)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:39:05 PM by steff750 »

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 08:39:32 PM »
Hi
same here I'm not worried about a totally original bike but I do think you have to have a 4 it 4.
I am very happy with the first set of pipes I bought. I have only covered about 400 miles but 100 of them were non stop at 75-80mph :D and there not showing any signs of going blue yet.The second set are very disappointing considering I paid nearly £200 more every one is damaged     
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »
Agreed steph.
But why does nobody get smart on this issue?Is double lining as people say make them fracking expensive?I think not.Again very quiet boys.Fancy a big do on this.
Cheers
Bitsa
PS If I was manging director for Honda I would learn English and If I was manufacture in The UK Can we not double skin them or is that rocket science?

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »
Worst of all is that the cheaper poorer quality exhausts will jump up in price , this has really annoyed me as i was going to buy HM300,s
but will have to wait till ds cheaper version come out , but even he has lowered his standards now and is selling all sorts of cheap crap
sorry i know its uncool to bad mouth ds but its true and we all know it

701arvn

341 exhaust systems
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »
I have both a replica and Honda set of 341's and reading some of the posts thought I best check them over; couple of observations:

The replica set have a much better finish than the originals. This could just be a finishing issue and the originals may polish up, but out of the box the chrome on the replicas appears deeper and shinier, particularly on the down pipes and outsides; just where you would expect some final polishing at the factory.

Both sets are lined.

The packaging on the replica set was much better than the Honda originals, though nether set had any damage.

To be honest unless you have got to have the original Honda pipes,I would say that based on the quality of the sets I have that the replica are a better bet.

Andy

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 04:51:31 PM »
thats good news

701arvn

341 exhaust systems
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »
Pete, I've read posts on here and the American site where new pipes are turning up scratched and dented, both replica and Honda, if I was buying again, and given the cost, I would go down to DS in person and inspect each pipe. There seems to be a big variation in quality.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 05:07:59 PM »
I like to think I just bought a box of duds we will have to wait and see.I did collect them from DS but rather stupidly didn't check them ::) 
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

701arvn

341 exhaust systems
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 05:35:12 PM »
Green1, it's only yours and others experience that's made me wise after the fact; I certainly was not impressed with the Honda items given the cost in comparison to the replica's.

Andy

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 07:29:27 AM »
Interesting thread. I am certainly not in the 'it must be 100% original', and am not going to search out jap air to put in the tyres ( or run the original crap tyres come to that! ) As long as the zorst looks right I would be happy, I wouldn't want a 4 into 1 on an K1 for example. My F1 originally had a 4 into 1 so am 'happy' with the Motad, although it wasn't the easiest thing to fit. Wasn't a fan of the original silencer anyway but would fit a pattern one if it existed.

I must be in the minority here but I quite like the blueing! shows the bikes been ridden! although mine have only gone a slight yellow after a season ( probably coz I don't ride hard enough )

anyway reason for this post is I noticed in the Frost catalog a product that is advertised to remove exhaust blueing, anyone ( who hates the blueing ) tried this? wouldnt have thought it was possible but ......

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
Hi all
another set of pipes arrived today much better this time the chrome is a lot better. :)
DS tried to tell me they made a mistake and gave me a set of seconds even though they where clearly new and still in there boxes.

Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal