Author Topic: Motad 4 into 1  (Read 1511 times)

Offline jerbear48

• View Profile
Motad 4 into 1
« on: December 23, 2012, 05:31:36 PM »
Hi Folks
              Would anybody out there have the fitting instructions for a Motad M7HF1 4 into 1 exhaust, I have picked one up on Ebay to replace the one fitted to my Honda 750 SS and I can`t for the life of me remember how to fit it as it`s been about 6 weeks since I took the old one off any help would be very much appreciated
Regards
JerBear48
BIKES I OWN AT THE MO
1976 CB750 SS
2002 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
Re: Motad 4 into 1
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
On my Motad the front pipes are numbered where they join the collector. I don't think the instructions tell you much more than that.  ::)
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Motad 4 into 1
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »
Will have a scan around and see if I still have mine but Lester is correct in that the instructions are not exhaustive ( sorry  ;) ) Basically the pipes are numbered and there was a diagram to show which pipe goes where in the header ( but they only fit one way ) The silencer mounting is just a couple of captive nuts / bolts.

I found the system quite fiddly to fit when getting the pipes into the header far enough to clamp. I tried fitting one pipe at a time but that seemed to push everything out of line so the final pipe wouldn't fit.

Finally I would advise against using the supplied 'trumpets' as they are very tight when trying to get them round the tight bend in the pipes nearest the head and can scratch the finish. Either use standard split shells like I did or you could fully ( or half ) split the supplied ones I guess.

If you have no luck can take a piccy or two of my system if it helps

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal