Author Topic: Avoid using LMC Spares/Raw power motorcycles.  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Mitchv60

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Avoid using LMC Spares/Raw power motorcycles.
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »
I'm not one for righting about poor service on forums but I do praise good service but I would avoid LMC spares like the plague.

Having ordered a marshall deeptone exhaust from them on 17th Nov at £300 I have still not received it.
Web site says allow 14 working days which I did and I then phoned them when that came and went to be told it will arrive between 12-14 dec.
Phoned again on 15th assured by the manager it will be with me by Fri 21st December and guess what still sitting here 24th with no exhaust.

I am realistic,things don't always go as smooth as as they should but at no time have they bothered to contact me by either email or phone to let me know the progress of the order.Had they done this I would be a bit more ok with it,but they haven't

As I payed through paypal I've raised a complaint and tried phoning LMC today but there closed for christmas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:06:51 AM by Mitchv60 »
1972 cb500 k2(rusty)
2000 Aprilia rsvr (very modified)
2002 Aprilia rsvr (trackbike)

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anoid using LMC Spares/Raw power motorcycles.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
If they are who I think they are, then they've been around for a fair while, at a few addresses in Hereford area? Pretty sure it's the same crowd. I've bought mostly used parts off them and fairly consistently been dissapointed with the service, quality and the descriptions given. I'm resolved I will not be going backunless there is no other option. First deal was a gs125 motor which arrived and wasn't suitable as mine was a kickstart only bike and the engine was electric only with no motor, they agreed to rebuild a best of both but bits were let out so camshaft wore cylinder head side and it looked quite a bit like the gasketts were re used - I should have gone elsewhere at that point but did buy again with similar expiriences - 550/4 motor that seemed to be a combination of worst bits of 2 motors I'd seen in the yard weeks previously. This was 10 years ago so might not be the same raw power motorcycles / lmc spares but the fact both names are still assosiated suggests it's the same crew.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline stinking hippy

• View Profile
Re: Avoid using LMC Spares/Raw power motorcycles.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »
Sounds like a right bunch of cowboys,never heard of them myself,but when a firm takes £300 from your hard
earned dosh,and cant even be bothered to let you know whats going on,they should'nt be trading.Have the pipes
turned up yet?
2 x Amen Savior cb750 Choppers in the making.
S&S Chop.
TS 185-1979.

Offline Mitchv60

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Avoid using LMC Spares/Raw power motorcycles.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 07:26:17 PM »
Yes,they have.
I spoke to them the first monday back in the new year and they said that they arrived the friday they where supposed to be with me.
The said they'd be with me the next day and they where.They gave me £15 off for my inconvenience but being kept informed of the situation is I'll I ever wanted.
I still stand by what I said,they will never get a penny of my money again.
1972 cb500 k2(rusty)
2000 Aprilia rsvr (very modified)
2002 Aprilia rsvr (trackbike)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal