Author Topic: Hi from yet another newbie  (Read 1408 times)

Offline D-Rider

• View Profile
    • Ridersite
Hi from yet another newbie
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »
Hi everyone

My name is Andy and I live in Coventry (exiled here from Berkshire many years ago).
I've recently registered on the "international" SOHC4 forum and from there was pointed over here - so here I am to join in the fun here too.

I've been riding bikes for a little over 39years - mostly Hondas.
I have a 1976 CB400F that I've owned since 1977. Sadly it's in need of a fair bit of work and has languished in the garage for far too long. That said, I've been collecting bits and pieces to do the things that need doing and those other things that I want to do to it .... and one of these days I'll find the time to get the project ON !

The bike I spend most of my time on now is my Aprilia Falco which I bought new in 2005 - a great bike and even better with the mods that I've spent my time putting in place.

We have a few other bikes in the garage. My youngest son has a 50cc scooter, my eldest son has a 1975 CB125 .... which is soon to be passed on to my middle son as a friend gave up riding and gave his Burgman 400 to my eldest son. He'd not intended owning a maxi scooter and I think it'll just be a temporary thing until he finds another bike - but it would have been rude to refuse it.

I guess bikes are in the blood - my Grandad had a bike with sidecar and my dad rode bike too - as did my kid brother.

Well that's enough about me for the time being.

If this forum has a virtual bar, I guess this round's on me.  :)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from yet another newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:43:11 PM »
Ok mine is a pint of fork oil please

Welcome to the site, plenty of info here and some very knowlegable members,
pictures are now compulsory ha ha so lets see what ya got
pete

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
I  like some of the jokes so far, hello and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've got a good bike household going there, and maybe some help sorting the 400 with you.

Offline D-Rider

• View Profile
    • Ridersite
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 10:37:20 PM »
Thanks for the welcome chaps.

Pictures of my 400/4 are few and far between (as with all my older bikes) - back when it was running in the 70s and 80s I hardly took any pictures and I really don't know what I've done with any I did take .... though when I start the rebuild, I'll get clicking away and share with everyone.

I've plenty of pics of my Falco but I'm not going to start spamming this forum full of Aprilia stuff unless people want to see it.

I guess I can do my best to describe my 400.
It is Light Ruby Red in colour and I had fitted a Bill Roberts Race Fittings fairing with Ace Bars, Yoshimura exhaust and Girling gas shocks. I also had a quick action throttle (might have been a Tomaselli). The bike was one of the later F models with the rear pegs mounted on the frame rather than the swingarm.

I've had a quick search on t'interweb and found a 400/4 with a Bill Roberts fairing (and probably a Yoshimura exhaust). Mine was plain red (none of the white of the one in the pic) and I had the standard spoked wheels. I didn't have the Guillari seat either.

It'll be a bit different when I rebuild it - but more on that when I finalise things and get down to it.

Similar bike (Not Mine)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:40:43 PM by D-Rider »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal